Ms. Lipsky’s key areas of specialization in food and beverage consulting include the following:
- On-site operations evaluations to identify ineffective cost controls, flaws in the organizational structure and inadequacies of management systems, policies and procedures;
- Profit enhancement as a result of implementing cost-cutting measures in all prime cost areas (food, liquor and labor);
- Server training, sales incentive training, management training and evaluation programs;
- Recipe documentation, cost analysis, menu pricing, menu copy writing, and menu layout for maximum profitability;
- Competitive market surveys and market positioning analysis, and
- Bridge management (interim on-site operations management).
Prior to her work in food and beverage consulting, Ms. Lipsky spent a decade working for various independent restaurants and corporate chains. She has held literally every position in the restaurant hierarchy from Dishwasher to Corporate Operations Manager. Ms. Lipsky began her management career as a Manager Trainee with CHARLEY’S PLACE in 1981. She also worked for THE MAGIC PAN, H.T. McDOOGAL’S and AL E. GATORS. Her last full-time restaurant position was General Manager of MARABELLA’S in Center City Philadelphia.
Ms. Lipsky has held positions on the Board of the South Jersey (SWJRA), New Jersey (NJRA) and Philadelphia Delaware Valley Restaurant Associations (PDVRA). She also chaired the Education (NJRA) Committee. Ms. Lipsky has also been a member of the North Carolina Restaurant Association (NCRA), National Restaurant Association (NRA), Restaurant Association of Maryland (RAM), Nation Association of Catering Executives (NACE) and International Association of Hospitality Accountants (IAHA). In 1996, Ms. Lipsky was named Allied Foodservice Executive of the Year by the NJRA. In 1993, she received the Panache Award for Education from the PDVRA. Ms. Lipsky has also taught a course entitled, “So You Want to Open A Restaurant,” at Temple University’s Center City Campus, and is a guest lecturer at Drexel University, The Restaurant School and trade shows throughout the United States, Canada and the Caribbean.